HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One hardware repair

I have a HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One printer. The cartridge carrier became stuck to the right and would not move either by the printer or manually. Upon inspection, a small white gear at the end of a drive shaft keyed to hold the gear on was laying in the bottom of the printer and there was a large build up of ink in the bottom of the printer. The gear appears to move a head cleaner assembly past the print head after each print. The white gear is split and whatever kept it on the en of the shaft is not present. Can this be repaired? Is there a repair manual and a parts list?

Attachments

• IMG_8754.JPG
    IMG_8754.JPG
    207 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_8753.JPG
    IMG_8753.JPG
    249.7 KB · Views: 137
Thanks for your reply. I spent more than an hour with tech support and their conclusion was that I needed to buy a new printer. Even after explaining that I found a broken gear, the tech's first suggestion was to unplug the printer, then unplug the power cable from the wall - really?? Very frustrating. We're long-time HP customers and will NOT be buying another one. Best of luck to everyone who bought this model.

I had the same issue with my HP OfficeJet Pro 9015.
The cartridge carrier became stuck to the right and would not move either by the printer or manually. I followed this instruction and it helped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD-x0LOXoB8 But then like most of you here, I found out that a small plastic gear was broken (red point on the picture).
220209_Printer_GearCog_4bis.jpg
1645220929983 (Large).jpg

I did not even bother to contact HP customer service knowing I would only be wasting my time with them.

I spent ages trying to look for the same gear online or even something mildly similar. No luck!

I tried to glue with some cyanoacrylate glue the gear but the pressure is too high and it snapped again immediately.

I then made a CAD design of the piece as best as I could. This gear is really tiny! I was about to 3d print it but a friend of mine has a carving CNC machine (Carvey) and we ended up carving the gear out of a 3.2mm acrylic sheet. It is less than the 4.3mm thickness required for the gear but it was not a big deal as I ended up gluing two gears together. Thickness was not a real constraint here anyway (as long as I have enough space to put the gear on the axle). In fact, I think doubling it up has the added advantage of increasing the friction area and reducing stress on the piece. It also prevents the gear from moving too much on the axle. To ensure the piece held well, I also put a tiny amount of glue inside to fix it better to the axle.

1645220929970_2.jpg

1645220929977_2.jpg

1645220929957 (Large).jpg

So far so good, everything works... fingers crossed it will last!

The CAD .stl file I used is attached.

Attachments

• 2200215_CAD_Gear_v5-(4.35mm thick).stl.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 38
I have a HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One printer. The cartridge carrier became stuck to the right and would not move either by the printer or manually. Upon inspection, a small white gear at the end of a drive shaft keyed to hold the gear on was laying in the bottom of the printer and there was a large build up of ink in the bottom of the printer. The gear appears to move a head cleaner assembly past the print head after each print. The white gear is split and whatever kept it on the en of the shaft is not present. Can this be repaired? Is there a repair manual and a parts list?

(I posted the below message in February but the moderator never formally approved... I don't know why... anyway reposting it now as it may help you and hopefully will get published)

I had the same issue with my HP OfficeJet Pro 9015.
The cartridge carrier became stuck to the right and would not move either by the printer or manually. I followed this instruction and it helped:
But then like most of you here, I found out that a small plastic gear was broken (red point on the picture).

I did not even bother to contact HP customer service knowing I would only be wasting my time with them.

I spent ages trying to look for the same gear online or even something mildly similar. No luck!

I tried to glue with some cyanoacrylate glue the gear but the pressure is too high and it snapped again immediately.

I then made a CAD design of the piece as best as I could. This gear is really tiny! I was about to 3d print it but a friend of mine has a carving CNC machine (Carvey) and we ended up carving the gear out of a 3.2mm acrylic sheet. It is less than the 4.3mm thickness required for the gear but it was not a big deal as I ended up gluing two gears together. Thickness was not a real constraint here anyway (as long as I have enough space to put the gear on the axle). In fact, I think doubling it up has the added advantage of increasing the friction area and reducing stress on the piece. It also prevents the gear from moving too much on the axle. To ensure the piece held well, I also put a tiny amount of glue inside to fix it better to the axle.

So far so good, everything works... fingers crossed it will last!

(Happy to share the CAD file)

Attachments

• 220209_Printer_GearCog_4bis.jpg
    220209_Printer_GearCog_4bis.jpg
    386.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 1645220929957 (Large).jpg
    1645220929957 (Large).jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 1645220929970_2.jpg
    1645220929970_2.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 1645220929977_2.jpg
    1645220929977_2.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 1645220929983 (Large).jpg
    1645220929983 (Large).jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 34
My HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 has this Gear split and stops ink head from moving. Below I found this gear.

Order from: BCH Technologies
https://bchtechnologies.com for SKU PPO-HP-PF Gear 8000 or SKU PPO-HP-PF Gear 9000 for my 9025. It appears they are the same gear.
Thanks

Last edited:
^ Id like to get that CAD file. I fixed my gear tho with a steel one lol. I went to all the local hardware stores and was going to make my out with a dremel took and some files... Then a light went off in my brain. I have a bunch of RC car pinion gears. To my surprise a 17t pinion from a traxxas rustler was exactly the same diameter and pitch.... It's hardened steel so I went to harbor fright and bought some glass, ceramic drills and drilled the center out. I then took a small file and took my time and filed the center out with the flat sides to fit on the shaft. Worked perfect every since and it will never break lol. Id like to have the CAD file tho just incase!

I wish I could take better pics but it looks wierd becuase of the grease.
gear.jpg

Last edited:
With a steel gear you shouldn't have a problem anytime soon.
The CAD .stl file I used is attached.

Attachments

• 2200215_CAD_Gear_v5-(4.35mm thick).stl.zip
    22.1 KB · Views: 51
The HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Printer is a versatile device that will assist you in your daily life. While it may seem like a simple copier, scanner, and fax machine, it's so much more. This multifunctional printer allows you to print documents as well as send faxes and documents. The scanning feature allows you to scan documents and photos and even create great-quality color copies. The OfficeJet Pro 9025 is an excellent device for professionals. Learn more about printer repair services from fidelity copier.

Ask a Question