Ink cartridge issue?

I have an S415 all-in-one that has been very easy to use. Suddenly however, the printer receives a job from the computer, sounds and behaves as if it were printing, but nothing is actually printed on the page. So I removed the (generic) ink cartridges that were there, and installed brand new Lexmark cartridges. When I then sent a pdf to the printer, once again, pages were blank, except for the yellow highlighting I had done on the pdf. So, I suppose that means the black cartridge is a problem. So I removed that cartridge, put it back in... and still no black ink. Any ideas?

The Deep Clean helped, but here's another issue: I installed a Lexmark 150XL black ink cartridge, but only got about 250 pages out it before losing characters at the edges of my text and getting messages about very low ink in the black cartridge. I thought the number of pages output was supposed to be much higher than that for the XL. All I have been printing are 8.5x11 pages of text.

Ask a Question