ink cartridge

I just installed a new color ink cartridge in my lexmark x1270 printer. It will not print in color. The new cartridge did not have protective tape on it. The package was sealed.
Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm ignorant about Lexmark, so the following are generic questions. I infer the x1270 is a very entry level printer, perhaps with combined print-head + multi-color dye colors. I tried to check, but the Lexmark website seems down.

* Was the cartridge made by Lexmark with Lexmark OEM ink, or after-market?
* Purchased locally, so not a big deal to return? Or no-name from Amazon, eBay, etc.? If so, have you bought from them before?
* Can you tell if the cart has ink in it, or is it opaque? Can you weigh it?
* Did the printer work before?
* Have you purchased enough replacement cartridges to be pretty sure of what they are supposed to look like?
* Can you put the old cart in the printer, maybe over-ride the "Low / Empty" warning, and get it to print?
* What happens with a "nozzle check"?

I think you should return your ink cartridge to wherever you bought it since there is no protective tape. It might be some sort of a damage.

Ask a Question