installing Brother suite for MFC-J680DW

I am getting error message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when trying to install the software suite. (eg ControlCenter4.mfp). I tried the solution on the brother website to delete BroLog files and folder, but there is not one created.
I am running as admin. OS is win7 with sp1 updated.
I tried updating JAVA. I cleaned registry with CCleaner. I uninstalled using Brother uninstaller and removed all other printers. I manually removed all registry entries re: Brother printers and other printers.
I tried copying the installed program files from a different PC with Win7, thinking the program may overlay on itself, but it did not work either.
Any ideas would be appreciated!

Attachments

• brother rejection.jpg
    brother rejection.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 218
I am getting error message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when trying to install the software suite. (eg ControlCenter4.mfp). I tried the solution on the brother website to delete BroLog files and folder, but there is not one created.
I am running as admin. OS is win7 with sp1 updated.
I tried updating JAVA. I cleaned registry with CCleaner. I uninstalled using Brother uninstaller and removed all other printers. I manually removed all registry entries re: Brother printers and other printers.
I tried copying the installed program files from a different PC with Win7, thinking the program may overlay on itself, but it did not work either.
Any ideas would be appreciated!
Sorry to see you have not received a reply.
I have same model and a different problem.
Have you found a helpful forum?

Larry Mehl
mehl at cyvest dot com

Ask a Question