Issues with refilling my PIXMA MX492 cartridges (PG-245)

Hi

I refilled my cartridge today and my black prints are not as rich as before. The blacks are grayish. Bold text almost ressembles normal text.

B2uKLH6.jpg

I used my original ink until it said it was low. If I recall correctly, it was already printing grayish pages at that time since the ink was low. When I got the ink, I refilled it with about 7ML of ink and my prints are still gray.

I did deep cleaning and normal cleaning of print head serveral times through printer driver, soaked the print head in warm water for about 2 hours, refilled the ink again thiking maybe it was to low.

Now I don't know, I have a feeling the printer thinks ink is low so it doesn't use as much. But I got the error message saying check ink and bypassed it with the stop button and now no more estimates in print driver so I wouldn't see why the printer would limit ink.

Really have no idea now...

Thanks for the help!

What can I say Jeremie, Give Canon ink and cartridges a one-time test. Then you will know.
You may have to print few pages to rid printer of generic inks. By the way, Generic is not
always generic. More often than not. Good luck with it.

Ask a Question