Kyocera FS-3820N goes on strike next day

I have the following problem.
The printer is connected via USB.
Every time I remove the printer from the list, disconnect and reconnect the printer and I do a FRESH install of the drivers it will work.
But if I go to sleep (I do not switch the printer off, because it goes to sleep mode after 120 minutes) and I start my computer up the next day and want to give the Kyocera a print job, then I see the printer queue icon, but if I go over that icon it says "0 documents in queue"
I installed the latest drivers for the printer, so that should work.
Device manager says: this device is working properly
But the device itself refuses duty.
OS used: Windows 10 Pro 64-bits

You say u removed printer from devices and printers. Also uninstall any printer utilities.
You also must delete any folders related to printer install.
  1. Open the Start menu.
  2. Click Settings.
  3. Click System on the Settings menu.
  4. Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
  5. Select printer related app you wish to uninstall.
  6. Click the Uninstall button that appears.
Now do fresh install.
Let us know.
Regards

Yesterday night I removed the Microsoft "printers" (XPS and Print to PDF or something like that) and the Kyocera worked, without having to reboot my computer or running the installation program for the Kyocera drivers.

Now today it refuses duty again :(

I manually woke it up by the "GO" button, so the green "ready" light comes on.

Do I actually have to wake it up manually when it went to sleep mode or would that have to be automatically as soon as you give it a print job?

Installation Manual here:
https://cdn.kyostatics.net/dlc/eu/d...wnloadcenteritem.tmp/FS-3820N-3830N-IG-UK.pdf

Operation Manual here:
https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...cera/kyocera-fs-3820n-users-manual-220404.pdf

Save manuals to your computer for future use.

The Operation Manual states the following:

Printer wakes from sleep when the GO button on the operator panel is pressed, the cover is opened, or data is received. Printer goes online, after warm-up. The time that the printer takes to enter sleep depends on sleep timer.

Think that answers your question.
Regards
Florida, USA

Well, it's all to no avail. I removed the Microsoft "printers", but I seen in the dialog screen also KX Driver for universal printing and Kyocera FS3920N. Both indicate they have a job in the queue. And that there is an error, which is correct since it is not connected as a network printer (I tried that first) but as a USB printer.

Now I want to remove KX Driver and FS3920N, but I don't see them anywhere.

Does the IP address matter if it is connected via USB (I don't manage to change it)?

Description of the repetively occurring problem.

1. I give an order for a print job

2. Printer dialog screen shows up (let's me choose which printer I want to send it to)

3. So I choose Kyocera Mita FS-3820N KX (printer dialogue gives the status of the printer as: ready)

4. I see the queue icon appear in the task bar. If I mouseover it: it says 0 documents in queue.

5. But the document isn't printed and the queue icon disappears

Sounds like u are not sending print job to print queue.
Does your printer show in "Devices and Printer"?
Does its icon have green check (indicating it is default printer)?
Do you have another printer also connected to computer?
If so, Your second printer may be the default printer and is actually receiving the print job.
To change default printer, right click desired printer and select "make default"

What are you trying to print?
Are you printing from WORD, or Wordpad?
Are you trying to print photo?
Are you trying to print from Browser?
Tell us step by step your exact moves?

Remove printer from devices and printers.
See this video:

Uninstall any printer utilities.
Start > Settings > System > Apps & features and then
Click any related Kyocera apps or utilities(click uninstall to remove)

Delete any folders related to printer install.
Search "Computer" -> "Program Folder" -> Kyocera Folders
Delete those folders

Re-install printer fresh. Use Windows 10 drivers on CD shipped with printer.
Does your printer now show in "Devices and Printer"?
Does its icon have green check (indicating it is default printer)?

Last edited:
I had this printer from a bankruptcy auction for very cheap, I did not get the installation CD, but downloaded the drivers from the Kyocera solution center.
It's just annoying it works one time, but the next time not anymore. Strange thing is this printer was used in a company that issued a local magazine for about 100,000 people weekly. You would expect they know what they use/buy. However I think this printer was used for accounting, not for printing the magazine
I tried all kinds of printing documents (browser, pdf, openoffice, you name it)
It just doesn't work properly and I had a way better idea: Use my HP Laserjet P1005 again.
That thing just works fine.
I don;t think the Kyocera printer is broken, it just doesn't communicate properly with my computer.
And I expect it's because of the 64 bits. I had troubles with the Laserjet, too, when I upgraded a computer from Vista to Windows 10 64-bits, but I got those issues solved.

And the other problem is: The other printers that show in the dialogue don't show in Apps and features. So I can't remove them.

One last attempt:
Is your Kyocera printer In the "Printers and Devices" marked with green check.
This is important. If another printer is so marked, indicating default, you must
right click your Kyocera icon and select "Make Default"

If another printer is marked default, that would explain why your Kyocera never gets
print order (zero in Queue). Would also explain why your Kyocera never wakes from
sleep, when you send print job.

You must make Kyocera the default printer. Let me know.
Regards

Ask a Question