LBP7200Cdn prints graphics but not text

Hi all,

I've got an LBP7200Cdn connected to a couple of Macs (networked, not locally) and it was working fine. Now however when I print it will only print graphics, it won't print any text. I can link to a sample PDF if it helps (new user, can't post it here). For example a Word or PDF file with mainly text and a few coloured boxes or images, I won't get any of the text. But it will work from a Windows machine.

• First got the printer and it was working fine on both the Macs.
  • Resurrected an old Windows box and installed the drivers on that so that could print as well. That machine can print perfectly, no problems at all.
  • After setting up the Windows machine, both Macs start having issues as described above.

I've tried the same print job on both the Windows and Mac machines, and the Windows box will work perfectly every time. So far played with Word, PDFs, etc., all with the same results.

I'm speculating re. the order of events, I'm not 100% sure it was the introduction of the Windows machine/drivers that made the difference. I'm fairly certain, but I could be wrong.

Macs: OSX 10.6.7 (a Mini and a MBP)
Windows: XP

Anyone seen this type of behaviour before? Thanks all.

Ask a Question