Looking for the most inexpensive decent home all-in-one

I'm doing this for my dad. We print I would say moderately often. Not alot. We have a cannon mp500 and not only does it have a problem where we are getting what looks like a strikethrough, but also it's just running through ink way too fast.

We are willing to print most things in black and white to conserve ink, and my dad is looking to spend 100-150 dollars on the printer itself. I'm not sure if thats reasonable, so if its not what we really need is a printer that will have cartridges that can be ordered online for cheap off ebay or refilled cheap you know. We don't want to damage the printer with off-brand ink, and I think the main concern is wether the heads are on the printer itself or on the cartridges because they may clog or damage the printer.

I'm no expert, thats why i'm here. I'll take any advice even if it's a little off topic or contradicting what im asking for here. Maybe off brand ink is never good, idk

Ian

You can get cheap B&W laser printers which are much cheaper to run? Cheaper refill carts for inkjets aren't that bad, it might be worth trying them for a while on your MP500 if you are thinking about changing it anyway :)

Ask a Question