Looking for your recommendations!

Hi there!

I am looking for a reliable photo printer. Hoping I can get some great recommendations from some of you here. My main concerns are:

·Being able to print 200-500 pictures over a 4 hour period (my fear would be the printer breaking down on me :eek:)

·Printing picture sizes 4x6, 5x7, 8x11

My picture perfect budget is $500 but I'm at this point I am looking for recommendations and I know that it can or will exceed my budget. Being a bit more lightweight/mobile would be an added plus because I will be taking this printer along with me wherever I may need to go. Thanks!

Sounds like you doing the equivalent of running off to join the circus, and be the photographer/printer for customers walking through the gates looking for a memento.

Some questions / comments:

* What you describe sounds Very, Very Challenging, especially being mobile rather than in a fixed spot like a strip mall pad, or inside-Walmart-located vendor.

* Is this connected with ... pictureperfectphotography.net ? If so, what do they require / recommend?

* Will you be on your own, or on a team? Taking the photos also?

* I've done "quick turn-around" photos + prints on a volunteer basis for non-profits for several years now. Like Halloween pictures, or basketball camps. The most challenging is a yearly 5 day "kids camp" where I make 1000+ letter size prints. I'll have 3+ printers banging out prints late into the night.

* For the past several events, I've been able to get a laptop hooked up so I can "tether" the camera, and simultaneously make prints. The idea is for there to be a "pipeline" going, and 10 minute turn-around while continuing to take portraits. However, there is a LOT that can go wrong (why do I know that?).

* I've found the biggest issue is dealing with how slow the inkjet printing is, even 4x6".

* And as a professional selling your services, you'll probably want to have duplicates of EVERYTHING, especially if you go mobile.

Ask a Question