MFC-J485DW cleaning

I have this printer on a Win7 desktop. It's wired.

I had an old printer for many years, so I'm not too familiar with those with the digital keyboard and screen. It tells me now and then that it's doing cleaning, which wastes a lot of ink. It won't allow me to turn the printer off once it starts. I want to disable automatic cleaning and make it on-demand. If this topic appears on another thread, just point me toward it. Thanks

Last edited:
Unfortunately, cleaning process is necessary evil for inkjet printers. Such precludes clogging of ink
and print heads. You would be wise not to interfere with cleaning schedules as set forth by
manufacturer. Know its not what you want to hear, but-----. Looks like a real nice printer.
Regards

I'm not new at owning printers or computers. My last printer had "cleaned" ink actually sloshing around on the bottom. The manufacturer wants to make me use the maximum amount of ink possible. They also don't know how often or how much I print.

Are you saying the cleaning CAN'T be made manual or you don't know how?

Ask a Question