MFC-J985DW Deep sleep issue + minor issue

Hello,
I'm having 2 issues with my brother mfc-j985dw. Hopefully someone can help me with this
My setup is my printer wired via ethernet directly to my Asus router. I've assigned a static IP to the printer and updated firmware to N. It all works fine when I first turn on the printer...….

1. Biggest issue is when the printer goes into deep sleep. It will not wake up. I think it even loses it network connection. I tried running network repair tool but it says it can't find device even tho the device works fine.

2. the other issue is regarding the printing. My wife is going to grad school and it using the printer often these days but everytime she uses it, she has to clean the nozzles because the black ink doesn't print correctly. Cleaning the nozzle fixes it for that day only, the next day it's back to missing lines on the test sheet.

I'm going to reconnect the printer from scratch so I was wondering if anyone had any advice for doing this an idiot proof way that will fix my deep sleep issues. Would using wireless help ? (Usually I like to hardwire all I can).
Thxs for any advice..

Ask a Question