MX870 Wifi Printing REALLY slow

I have an MX870 with an iMac quad core running OSX 10.6 and a netgear router. *I don't use a USB cable because the run would exceed 15' because of the way the furniture is layed out where the computer and printer are, and the USB cable is too long to power the connection. *This has happened with every printer I've used. *However, the printer/computer and router are all physically within about 6 feet of each other at most (I'm just trying to avoid running a USB cable directly across the carpet in the middle of the living room). *So I use the wireless printing option. *However, even when i have a document that is composed of nothing more than 1 black and white sentence and nothing else on the page, or a envelope that I'm putting nothing more on than an address, it always takes between 2-3 minutes from the time I hit print, to the time the paper comes out of the printer. *Even with wireless printing, this can't be right. *There has to be some way of speeding up the process. *Any suggestions would be welcome. *Thanks

Ask a Question