Need a color printer with cheap reusable ink for printing ad flyers

Need a reliable low priced color printer per page. Just printing flyers so I do not need the best quality on the color. I know costco refills ink so if its refillable ink cart, that will help.

Lo price color printer

If I were needing a low price color printer that actually prints well both color and b/w. I would look into an older type printer such as the Epson r300. Install a CISS unit that cuts down on the high cost of refilling or OEM cartridges. I have used the r300 series of printes for many years and they are workhorses. Only one thing on all inkjet printers, keep the heads clean and parked with power on all the time while not in use!
I don't believe there is any new r300s on the market unless you are lucky enough to find some in storage someplace. There are lots of junk r300 printers on the internet. They could be fixed to work by taking a couple or more and make one good one. If you are savvy to doing this type of service. Then install the CISS, (continuous ink supply system). Using bulk ink can save about at least 80% cost of operations! I have several later model printers that I use CISS on. Just printing family material and my own junk runs quite a lot if using OEM cartridges. My Epson Artisan (wide format for my large photos) set of cartridges cost approx. $120.00. I can get enough ink for that cost to run a year or more!
Just in case you are not knowledgeable of this type of unit, here is a description for anyone that is interested.
I'll use the later model of Epson, Artisan 1430 which I have for descriptions if needed:

A CISS unit is a simple device consisting of a set of ink tanks (one for each color your printer has) set on the outside at end of printer A tube for each color in a flat ribbon construction leading from the inside carriage to the tanks outside. A new set of cartridges designed for your individual printer with the hoses connected. Position the hose to let the carriage run smoothly as the hoses are folded back when the carriage moves to the left end of the printer. With the new chips that come with the new cartridges, the printer has to recognize them. Instruction usually comes with the unit.
This is only a preliminary explanation. There are much better discussions on some of the sites that sell the units. Such as, PrintOnAdime.com. And several others.
Caution: Do NOT, update your firmware! Epson is changing the updated firmware so it will not allow the printer to recognize your new chips on the cartridges!. You don't need to change the firmware anyway if the printer is working properly! Any one that uses this information, Please be sure to get full description and proper advise before attempting to change the printer as it will probably void your warranty with changes to the printer!
Good luck.

Last edited:

Ask a Question