So, I need to install a Xerox ColorQube 8570 on NT 4.0.

So I work in a hospital and one of our departments has an ancient medical imaging device controlled by an NT 4.0 workstation. Sitting next to it is a ColorQube 8570. It was installed and working at one time, however a couple months ago the system's software became corrupt and had to be reloaded from a backup.

They want the printer reinstalled on the system and won't take no for an answer. The vendor won't touch the device any more for obvious reasons, and technically the printer was never supposed to work on there anyway so all the more reason the vendor want nothing to do with it.

The guy who figured out how to do this is no longer with my division of the company, and does not remember how he got it to work.

I know it's somehow possible because it was working in the past, unfortunately my experience only goes back to Windows XP. I have no idea how to get a printer working in Windows NT that never had a Windows NT driver made for it.

Any old school geniuses out there who have an idea how to make this happen?

Thanks!

Ask a Question