Needed: A color printer for envelopes

I'm looking for an inexpensive color printer that will be good for printing #10 business envelopes with a return address in the upper left corner. Maybe somebody in this forum can identify one (or several). These are the needed characteristics:
  1. Can handle envelope stock (thicker and with smaller dimensions than normal paper) without frequent jams
  2. Has a paper tray that holds more than a few envelopes (20 at a time would be sufficient)
  3. Can print close to the left and top margins of the envelope
  4. Does not tend to put ink smudges on the envelope
  5. Doesn't take forever to print envelopes (but high speed printing isn't an important need)
I wouldn't mind buying a used printer, if it met my needs. I won't be using it very much for envelope printing, but could subject it to moderate use for other needs.

FYI, my HP LaserJet 1022 meets all the requirements, but is monochrome. It handles envelopes reliably but very slowly. My Brother MFC-J6710dw is a wonderful printer for most purposes, but it doesn't print close to the edge of the envelope and tends to slosh ink all over the envelopes when I print them.

Ask a Question