Newbie Seeks Cheap Ink Options for HP 6830 Officejet Pro

HI, I never refilled my own ink cartridges, but maybe I'm ready to start. My questions are in red in case you want to skip to the point. I've been buying pre-refilled cartridges online from multiple sources, mostly a bunch of sellers located in different cities & states on Ebay. However, literally half the ink cartridges I receive do not function at all. Sometimes, I can see a that the lever to snap the cartridge in place is worn, but usually the cartridges look completely fine and appear to have plenty of ink. but the printer just says they're defective. I already have the firmware installed so that remanufactured/used cartridges work after you get through all of the annoying pop up alerts 1st.
So, I was thinking that maybe I should buy 1 or 2 retail sets (so I have a spare filled if I run out during the middle of printing an important document) and refill the cartridges myself. I don't really want to get involved with the mess of syringes and leaky ink, but I know that these remanufactured defective cartridges must have already done damage to the print head at this rate. I only print out documents with simple graphics. Currently, the most intricate things I print out are the barcodes for my printable coupons, but I do use color sometimes. So, cheap bulk printing is my priority for now.
As my source of relaxation, I'm an avid crafter. I would've like to print out iron on fabric transfers to at least have a guide for sewing or painting on fabric or to be able to print out black and white graphic pages onto cardstock because I've gotten into the adult coloring trend. However, the ink in these cheapo cartridges bleeds extremely easily, even with a single drop of water after the page has dried. So, I'm guessing the refills of ink would be the same way?

How can I learn where to get reliable supplies of either already refilled ink cartridges? Or where can I learn the proper way to refill my cartridges with decent quality ink at a fair price? Because all I see are ads, fake positive reviews put out by the sellers or really bad reviews for this supplies and refill systems.

Thanks so much! My research has only left me more confused!

Stick with OEM HP ink and cartridges. You will be glad you did so.
Just a recommendation from my own experience. Good Luck

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but just 1 set of replacement cartridges On Sale costs almost as much as what I paid for the printer! I might as well throw it in the trash. Right now, all my money, including printing needs, is strictly being used for ultimate necessities only.
Plus, it only costs 15 cents a page to print out at the copy shop on my street. So why would why would I bother to stress and pay almost the same amount of money for my paperwork to make HP rich?

I do believe there are some compatible ink cartridge brands offering good quality consumables at low price, at least 1/3-1/3 price of an OEM. How much you want to cut down?

Ask a Question