Officejet 7410 Problem - Fixed??

I have an officejet that was working fine - which suddenly shut down and resisted all efforts to make it work. Could not turn on or off - just got a blue screen that said something like "HP Imagine". Suddenly the lack of warratny became glaringly obvious. HP Help desk was useless although they were willing to take my money for a remote help session or sell me a refurbished model, or sell me a new power supply. At that point I determined I would never buy another HP printer again.

I had left the printer powered up, and went looking for a new printer over the internet. Strangely - after a day or two to recuperate, with the power on - it reset itself and started to work again.

The first time this happened was several months ago. Happened again this week - and the solution seems to be "try cycling the power on/off a couple of times, leave it plugged in for a day or two" and maybe it will re-boot itself.

Not the most satisfying of solutions - and this second time I did buy a new backup printer anyway.

Ask a Question