Our old printer

Hi!

About 6 months ago we bought a new printer, a HP OfficeJet 8500 ( i think)
Now, the reason we bought a new one, was because our old Canon iP4000 started having problems. Today, I brought the old printer from my computer room to my bedroom, because I was going to print on a Windows 7 DVD

The printer has works excellent with Win 7, but the problem with it is that it prints bars across some colours. Black goes fine, but colour printings looks terrible.

i49 . tinypic . com / 6i8h1h . jpg (just remove spaces

Now, I remember that we tried using all of the utilities with the printer to clean the head, and so on. But, none of these worked. The printings looked terrible. Today, I tried taking out the ink cartidges, and noticed that you can take out another piece, that I think looks like a printer head

i45 . tinypic . com / m4t3q . jpg

i45 . tinypic . com / 10f25jm . jpg

Now, this last picture I think is the head itself ( I'll leave that to the experts ), but to me it looks very dirty. I have not touched this, as I fear I might break the printer. Is it possible to clean this with paper, or something? And, if not, what could I do to fix it?

i45 . tinypic . com / r0t7ch . jpg

and for the links, i cant post any the correct way before i post 25 posts

Thanks for any answers :)

Ask a Question