printer questions

Hi. I’m looking to purchase a laser color printer for around $200. I’m keeping my old inkjet all-in-one printer because its scanner capabilities still work. I would like copying options, but I don’t really want to spend extra money buying a laser color printer/copier.

Can’t I just scan with my old inkjet, then print the scan with a laser?

Also, can I use inkjet paper in a laser color printer to print text? The name of my old inkjet paper is Hammermill Ultra Premium Inkjet (96 Brightness). It’s not photo paper, but the wrapper shows two color pictures on it, indicating I assume that it can be used as photo paper.

Thank you :)

Hi,

You can scan with your old Inket, however you will find that the quality will be around half that of the quality if you were to scan and print through a laser product.

Laser printers will have enhancement features in the software that you can use to increase the quality of your print.

Regarding the paper, you will find that Inkjet paper is specifically designed for Inkjet products as the way they produce the ink on the paper is very different to how Laser products transfer their images. The best way is to always give it a try. I suspect that you will find the laser print on the inkket paper may show up a little "grainy" as the laser transfer may not fill all the holes in the inkjet paper.

Ask a Question