Printer queue disappears

I have a Epson Photo Stylus R2400 I have recently upgraded to an iMac 2017 running High Sierra. I am trying to print from Photoshop using a Fotospeed profile so Photoshop manages the printer, as soon as I go to print the queue disappears! I have tried all sorts and I notice there was an Epson update a few days ago. I have reinstalled the printer and all printers, switched off and on etc. But no luck. It will print a test sheet and also when the printer manages the printer so I am a bit frustrated I wondered if any one else has had the problem Help!

1. Restart the Print Spooler Service:
Open the Run dialog (Windows key + R), type services.msc, and press Enter.
Locate the "Print Spooler" service, right-click on it, and select "Restart."

2. Check for Multiple Printers:
Make sure you don't have multiple instances of the same printer installed. If so, remove the duplicates.

3. Reinstall Printer Drivers:
Uninstall the printer drivers from your computer.
Download the latest drivers from the printer manufacturer's website.
Install the updated drivers and check if the issue persists.

4. Update Windows:
Ensure that your Windows operating system is up-to-date. Check for and install any pending updates.

5. Check for Malware:
Perform a thorough scan for malware or viruses on your computer. Malicious software can sometimes interfere with system processes.

Greetings,
Peter

Ask a Question