printers in general

Recently I had to buy a new printer. I had my printer for a number of years - I got it really cheap when I bought my computer. It is a Canon Pixma MP470 and has been a great little machine and more than adequate for my limited needs. Despite spending weeks trying to fix it - the paper wouldn't feed if I had more than one page in the tray. I reluctantly gave in and went looking for a similar model. I knew the 470 was no longer available, but I was surprised how few 'simple' printer models are still available. I understand the need by some people for all the latest technology, but I'm sure there are others like me who just need a basic printer and don't need wireless, faxes, duplex printing, etc. It took me a long time 'trawling the net' to find one. The good thing is that the few that are available are a good price as, presumably, they will be going off the market soon. That's o.k. as long as the cartridges are still available.
If this one lasts only a year, it will be worth it.
Has anyone else had similar difficulties? I bought a Canon MP280.

I have a canon pixma mp160 no major problems with it just the paper jams quite a bit but other than that it seems an ok printer.

Ask a Question