Printhead clogging Epson L6170

Hi All,
I use two Epson L6170 for my printing needs. One of them has developed a problem. Print quality is perfect. However if the printer sits idle for 30', virtually all nozzles are clogged and I have to do one or two regular cleaning routines. Any idea what could be the problem?

I performed a deep clean a while ago. Output was perfect afterwards but then the maintenance box needed replacing and it took a while before I found one.

Thanks for your input!

Jan

Hi Jan,

The L6170 is a mix of pigment black and 3 dye ink colours so while I would expect the Black to clog a bit, it really takes a lot more for the dye inks to clog up.

Can you provide a bit more information about what inks you're using and the environment you have the printer in?

- Are you using OEM/Original Epson?
- How old are the inks?
- Have you used any other inks with the printer at all?
- What sort of environment is the printer in (eg: is the room generally quite warm, exposed to direct sunlight a lot, etc...?)
- Is the printer located near heating like radiators, etc... ?

To be honest I doubt it's any of those that's particularly at odds but it's as if the ink doesn't have sufficient pressure to keep the ink in the printhead so it's flowing back...

One other thing to ask though... what does 30' mean? Days?

Ask a Question