Prints look desaturated

HI, I use a canon pixma 100s now and previously a 9500 I have never printed a great deal I could print maybe today and the next time might be six months later with the exception of printing address labels. Now that I have joined a camera club and there are so many competitions I feel that having joined I ought to participate and be a real member having always been a bit of a loner.
I have a problem that when printing images they look desaturated because of cost I use third party inks {octoinkjet} if it would make my prints better then I would gladly use originals I found a site yesterday £9.99 each or £78.00 per set of 8 post free.
I have profiled my mac book screen all be it the easy version. I have a color munki photo and today I plan to reprofile my screen the advanced way plus I will profile my printer as well. As you can see I have the tools to do the job but not a lot of knowledge. I am using canon studio print pro. I am working hard to get it right but I need your help.

First bit of advice: ask your camera club members for help, that's what they are there for or at least should be. Second, how are the images being displayed at the camera club, digital or print, either way you want to evaluate your images under similar lighting conditions (if viewing on monitor or projector) or for prints under good daylight D-50 standardized lighting. And lastly, get yourself a copy of Uwe Steinmueller's Fine Art Printing for Photographers.

Ask a Question