Put wrong color in Ecotank

I did stupid. I’m converting an Epson ecotank 2760 into a sublimation printer. It is new and has never been turned on so there is no ink in the lines. I accidentally put a small amount of yellow in the cyan tank. I saw a video where someone used the OEM ink bottle, turned the printer over and removed the ink. If that works that would still leave yellow residue in the cyan tank. Would it be possible to flush the tank afterwards with distilled water and empty it again? If you have some advice it would be greatly appreciated. I really don’t want to have to buy another one

You are very lucky your mistake was the way it was. Even a small amount of cyan in the yellow tank would pollute it forever. If that were the case I'd recommend flushing it well. But a small amount of yellow in the cyan tank can almost be ignored. If there are no other inks in it yet, then yes, turn it over and drain. If there are inks in the other tanks, I would be more hesitant to turn it over. Try first to get a syringe with a small tube to suck out as much of the ink as you can. There may be a tiny bit in of yellow in the top of the line that you will have to print out, but I wouldn't bother flushing at all. The cyan ink will so overpower the yellow that it would take a spectrometer to detect the difference.

Ask a Question