Samsung SL-C460W Paper Jam Tray 1

Hi, First of all my printer does not have a paper jam . During a months printer is showing that message and after retry several times I printed. But Now all the time, printer is showing that message. it starts the process and when it's going to take the paper, printer shows that message.

Thanks

Hi, First of all my printer does not have a paper jam . During a months printer is showing that message and after retry several times I printed. But Now all the time, printer is showing that message. it starts the process and when it's going to take the paper, printer shows that message.

Thanks
I have the same problem, did you find a solution?

Hi snowbird6,

Yes, I solved it. I changed this piece JC93-00547A. I think it's possible to solve changing some internal piece of JC93-00547A, but I preferred to change whole piece. You can repair following this video:

20180709_183607.jpg
20180709_183556.jpg
20180709_183541.jpg
20180709_183607.jpg
20180709_183607.jpg
20180709_183556.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks for your reply. That is the whole part and as you said a smaller part may be required rather than the whole part. I've posted three pics of the required part. It is the Paper Pickup Solenoid. Cost me 75AED in Dubai, approx 20USD. 30 minutes for the technician to change it. This Solenoid failure is very common in Samsung and many other brands. Hope this helps everyone out there with phantom "paper jams in tray 1" !!!!!

it seems to be the spring on the solenoid that fails and doesn't hold the hinge firmly in the "off" position. I was able to fix it by shortening the spring slightly to retension it.

You don't have to buy anything, the visible rubber doesn't age properly and gets too thin.
IACGHL1boRRpxqQ2.standard

Simply replace it with a standard piece of rubber to stick on with glue and the solenoid will work again. The most difficult is to access this solenoid. But the videos show how to do it. It is useful to take pictures of the screws to be unscrewed to facilitate reassembly. You can have a look at
or

It looks like planned obsolescence because it is very difficult to find a rubber that degrades after about 6 years or so. Any standard water tap rubber will last for years!

Last edited:

Ask a Question