Setting UP an EPSON 4530 Pro Printer to Scan

I think that I know howto fix this. i need to get to the EPSON scan settings dialog box. I am sing an Epson 4530 printer with Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.

How do I do that ?

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

Okay, now I see your thread above. Please understand that the OS that I am using I Windows 10 pro 64 bit. I just need to get to Epson scan settings to make the changes cited I the link above. if I can do that I am sure it will be oaky.

The way to do I believe is unique for Windows 10 pro or Windows 10 any version. I just need to get to the screen and then I can fix it.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed.

Come on Lou. You gotta tell me. I promise not to embarrass you. You might help someone else
that reads this.

I am assuming that the ipaddress of the printer and scanner are the same. Without that I am in a world of pain. I read on line for people having this issue it is just a question of matching up the ipaddress with the scanner - nothing more.

First, I tried a universal scan system (www.hamrick.com) and it worked on my EPSON 4530. It was not a hardware problem for the scanner.

So I ran the ipconfig command from the Windows 10 command line and got the default gateway address (someone online called it your router's address?) to be 192.168.0.1. Then I ran a printer check program on my Epson 4530 printer and got again the gateway address to be 192.168.0.1 and the printer ipaddress to be 192/168.0.100.

Well this did not make any sense. I discounted the two zeros at the end of the printers ipaddress and thought how could the address of my router and printer be the same? They just could not be! Each had the address 192.168.0.1. but, they did not, of course. I thought that my printer address was 192.168.0.1 (by dropping the two 0's), but in reality it was 192.168.0.100.

I worried that maybe the scanner was not properly named and the system could not find it, but the name that I used SCANNER1 and the ipaddress was 192.168.0.107. That of course did not work and gave me the scanner error in the first place.

I then ran the option to scan for frequencies on my system and it found SCANNER2 at 192.168.0.100. Which is exactly what the tests of ipconfig and the printer test were telling me.

There was the problem. After ruling out what the software test told me was my printer ipaddres; I assumed it was an error; now software for the scanner ran a frequency scan and found my printer at guess what: 192.168.0.100.

It works now.

This was an awful long way around to get the answer.

That is the solution.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

Last edited:
I have a minor problem. I have only the hard copy of a paper that I wrote. it is no longer on my MS Windows Desktop in virtual form. So the logical thing to do is to scan it. However, that would just give me pdf file. i want this, but I want so much more. I would like to put this in its final form in MS Word 2016.

That means using OCR software. I know that some came with the Epson 4530 software that is used in the printer setup. I removed it because it interfered with MS Word.

Now I think that I can get it back. It should be available for download or it is on the Epson 4530 software CD-rom.

I do not even remember the name.

So two questions what is the software's name, and how do i get this scanned document into a MS Word file?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed

I really learn a lot to this thread. You know, I am not good in technical terms but this group teaches me a lot of things. Thanks admin.

Ask a Question