[SOLVED] Brother MFC-L3750CDW toner reset

Hi,

Anyone know how to reset the toners of my new MFC-L3750CDW.

i tried all types of combination to enter, and anyone works.

Thanks!

The same question... I'm considering buying a multifunction in this Brother series (MFC-L3710 / L3730 / L3750 / L3770 or a printer-only device with the same print engine, HL-L3270), but can't find any mention on the Web about a way to reset the toner cartridge counters, like the MFC-9140 / 9330 / 9340 series had. Since the new series' cartridges are 20-30% more expensive but are only rated for 1000 pages (vs. 2500 / 1400 in the old series), this is kind of a key question.

I've posted questions on this in several forums, as well as on several Amazon stores in the reviews/comments sections. I'll be sure to post here if I hear anything.

Hi, if you click 5 seconds on the tonerstand, you can reset the drum and trasferunit but unfortunately not the toners..

Hello All,
I finally bought the printer (MFC-L3750CDW) a couple of days ago, hoping a way will eventually be found to reset the toner cartridges. I googled again, I found a YouTube clip showing how to do it that's a bit clearer than the one kristoffer posted above:
I tried the method shown on my 3750, and did get to the screen that allows resetting the specific toners the video shows, and the reset commands were accepted.
However, since my printer is brand new, so are the cartridges, and I can't tell whether the printer's internal per-color cartridge counters were actually reset: The cartridge levels were at 100% both before and after the reset. As far as I can tell, both on the printer touchscreen itself as well as through the Web admin interface, cartridge status is only given in %, not actual pages printed. The counters that are accessible, via
http://<printer-ip-address>/general/information.html?kind=item
only show lifetime page counts for the printer as a whole for B&W and color pages, not for the current cartridges installed and not per color.
If someone does try this with used cartridges, please report whether the cartridge level % does indeed go back to 100% after the reset.
Hope this helps (-:

Hello All,
I finally bought the printer (MFC-L3750CDW) a couple of days ago, hoping a way will eventually be found to reset the toner cartridges. I googled again, I found a YouTube clip showing how to do it that's a bit clearer than the one kristoffer posted above:
I tried the method shown on my 3750, and did get to the screen that allows resetting the specific toners the video shows, and the reset commands were accepted.
However, since my printer is brand new, so are the cartridges, and I can't tell whether the printer's internal per-color cartridge counters were actually reset: The cartridge levels were at 100% both before and after the reset. As far as I can tell, both on the printer touchscreen itself as well as through the Web admin interface, cartridge status is only given in %, not actual pages printed. The counters that are accessible, via
http://<printer-ip-address>/general/information.html?kind=item
only show lifetime page counts for the printer as a whole for B&W and color pages, not for the current cartridges installed and not per color.
If someone does try this with used cartridges, please report whether the cartridge level % does indeed go back to 100% after the reset.
Hope this helps (-:

Thank you!!! That was the solution!!

Unfortunatley, it has worked 1x.
He recognises now not a toner.. I had a toner, that was half full, but it's not recognised.. Only full new toner..
Do you make the same experience?

Ask a Question