[SOLVED] I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 which won't print custom sizes

I want to print A9 envelopes but there is no setting for A9 or custom sizes. That is often frustrating to me. Does anyone know of a work around for this problem. I have tried using sized of things that are close but that doesn't always give me the results I want. HP used to have a custom size alternate but no longer seems to allow that. Anybody know why?

Here are two Envelope printing applications for Win XP Thru Win 10:

http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/tweaking_com_envelope_printer.html

and

https://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Other-Office-Tools/SSuite-Envelope-Printer.shtml

Simple - Easy Pzee - 75 Different Envelope Sizes - Portable No Install - And its Free

Try it. You will like it!

Thank you Ruffin,
I am able to design any envelope I want from Microsoft Office/Word and various illustrator software. I'm a designer so coming up with the envelope or any shape or size paper or envelope is no problem. The problem is my HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Series driver/software doesn't allow me to print any size I want. It does not allow me even create a custom size. I just got this printer as a replacement to a printer that broke down which was under an extended warranty. They get to choose the printer they replace my broken one with. So, to explain in another way, I want to print on a typical size envelope such as A9, (5-3/4" x 8-3/4") which is for a one fold 8-1/2" x 11" paper or card which the printer driver does not allow. I am looking for a work around to this. HP support has no help except to say "the printer can't do any envelope except the ones shown on their printer driver software which is not much help. I have tried printing from envelopes that come close but it is certainly not an adequate solution because I loose control of exactly where something prints on the envelope.

LADesignerGuy, 1) Remove all the paper from the top tray. 2) Place the envelopes in the center of the tray and move the guides or holders, (whatever you like to call them), next to your envelopes, the same as you would do when loading a different size of paper. That is all it takes. It only took me about 30-60 minutes to figure it out myself!

D

Deleted member 14725

I want to print A9 envelopes but there is no setting for A9 or custom sizes. That is often frustrating to me. Does anyone know of a work around for this problem. I have tried using sized of things that are close but that doesn't always give me the results I want. HP used to have a custom size alternate but no longer seems to allow that. Anybody know why?
There is a way to do it. I don't know why the native software won't let you (I have the same printer BTW), old thread but worth contributing.

Take a look at Print Fab, it's a RIP software (allows you a lot of control over how your printer behaves) and yes it's compatible with this printer, a lot of people use it for separations, profiling, control printing, screen printing, etc. BUT in this case it could be useful for you regarding custom sizes.

The software allows you to create a "mirror" secondary (and many more) printers and set custom paper sizes, and there you can create your own. It's useful because you can create sizes not supported by your native printer driver. I haven't checked or tried printing envelopes on mine because I don't need it and I don't have any envelopes to try it, BUT I can tell you a lot of people use Print Fab to create banners, that's long panoramic prints on printers that don't support larger paper sizes than the common legal size or 11x17 in the given case.

It might help you. The rest of what Print Fab can do for you has nothing to do with your situation other than the print size, give it a try, there is a try out available. If it works or not, please come back and share as it will help others.

There is a way to do it. I don't know why the native software won't let you (I have the same printer BTW), old thread but worth contributing.

Take a look at Print Fab, it's a RIP software (allows you a lot of control over how your printer behaves) and yes it's compatible with this printer, a lot of people use it for separations, profiling, control printing, screen printing, etc. BUT in this case it could be useful for you regarding custom sizes.

The software allows you to create a "mirror" secondary (and many more) printers and set custom paper sizes, and there you can create your own. It's useful because you can create sizes not supported by your native printer driver. I haven't checked or tried printing envelopes on mine because I don't need it and I don't have any envelopes to try it, BUT I can tell you a lot of people use Print Fab to create banners, that's long panoramic prints on printers that don't support larger paper sizes than the common legal size or 11x17 in the given case.

It might help you. The rest of what Print Fab can do for you has nothing to do with your situation other than the print size, give it a try, there is a try out available. If it works or not, please come back and share as it will help others.

Hello

I just registered to thank you and confirm HP Officejet Pro 7740 WORKS GREAT with PrintFab, printing all kind of envelopes with no margins (borderless).

Amazing! Thank you again.

D

Deleted member 14725

Hello

I just registered to thank you and confirm HP Officejet Pro 7740 WORKS GREAT with PrintFab, printing all kind of envelopes with no margins (borderless).

Amazing! Thank you again.
That's great, good to read it was useful.

Ask a Question