Trying to decide upon printer purchase

Hi, folks. I am coming here trying to get more information and learn some things. I currently have been fussing with an epson stylus nx230. The thing has been a nightmare. It loads pages cocked off at an angle which i could live with but the print head is constantly clogging. I can clean the head and have it print perfectly for 1 day. The next day the head is clogged again or is telling me that the brand new OEM cartridge is empty. They are either continuously leaking into the print head or somehow plugging them in and leaving it overnight is killing the chips.

That being said im friggin done!! I dont print very often but when i do i tend to have ALOT to print. I dont print photos but i want to be able to scan in very high resolutions. One feature of the epson i liked was being able to scan old camera films. It actually did a great job of restoring old and degraded photos as well. These are all features id like to have but not necessary.

Ive been looking at laser printers and i really think brother may be the way to go. Ive been told by a few professionals who use them in their work that they are quite reliable and i wouldnt have printer head clogging issues since there is no print head on a laserjet. So more so im wondering has my research taken me in the right direction of lasers over inkjets? Does brother hold up as well as ive heard? Are lasers ok to ignore for several months then flip on and fire up?

Thank you for anyone who takes the time and consideration to offer theyre thoughts.

Hadnt heard anything back yet so figure ill add some more to this.

Is there a inkjet printer that is good for printing a crapload then letting it sit for months without clogging or do i need to go the laser route?

Ask a Question