WF-7610 printing #10 envelopes incorrectly

I have a WF-7610 and it prints everything perfectly... EXCEPT #10 ENVELOPES! No matter what margins I use or how I insert the envelope, it prints the text about 3/4 of an inch to the right of where it should be. For instance, the return address (which shows correctly positioned in the top left corner on the print preview) will print out around 3/4 inch further from the left side than it should. The vertical positioning is fine, so it almost seems like the printer thinks the envelope is 3/4 inch shorter from side to side than it actually is. Anyone else having this issue? It is driving me bonkers.
FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Me too!! Driving me crazy. Can't find any solutions anywhere. I will follow this thread in hopes that someone has a solution.

I have a WF-7610 and it prints everything perfectly... EXCEPT #10 ENVELOPES! No matter what margins I use or how I insert the envelope, it prints the text about 3/4 of an inch to the right of where it should be. For instance, the return address (which shows correctly positioned in the top left corner on the print preview) will print out around 3/4 inch further from the left side than it should. The vertical positioning is fine, so it almost seems like the printer thinks the envelope is 3/4 inch shorter from side to side than it actually is. Anyone else having this issue? It is driving me bonkers.View attachment 738

I found a workaround in Corel Draw; you might not have it, but it did help me troubleshoot a little further.

In Corel, the same thing happened as in MSWord, with the over-indented return address margin. However, that program's print preview allows you to see the printer's margins and when the printer is set to Envelope#10, there is a large margin on the right that makes no sense:

BAD MARGINS.jpg

So I'm guessing that there is some rotational issue between the printer and whatever program you're printing from.

I created a custom paper size in the printer dialogue that set the width at 4.13" and the height at 9.5" (the custom size does not allow a height of less than 5" - here's why I think there are rotational problems). So now I print from Corel, choose my custom envelope, and set orientation to landscape. My preview is this:

GOOD MARGINS.jpg

It prints perfectly, but I have to insert the envelope in the rear feed with the flap on the left instead of the right (rotational issues again...?) I tried to print from MSWord with the custom envelope size, and it still didn't work - the return address was indented, but the flap was on the right.

I would be that with about 20 more hours of experimentation with rotating the envelope in the rear feed, you could probably get it to work. There is some kind of rotational miscommunication that puts that printer margin on the right, on the left and pushes the return address in.

Hope this helps; if you happen to experiment more please post.

Ask a Question