What is the cheapest way to keep my printer head from clogging?

Hi, I was wondering what was the cheapest way to keep my printer head from clogging?

I seem to have to do something every 2 days or a spot can get clogged. What is the cheapest way to push the smallest amount of ink through the print head to keep the ink fresh? According to the chip, since we know that's what controls everything. Does turning the printer on and off do that, and is that the cheapest, or is a nozzle check the best way to go?

BTW if it matters my printer is an Epson XP-640.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

DM

I have XP-640 also. Use only Epson OEM brand ink. Have no problem with clogging and sometimes weeks
go by between use. Wish You luck with it.

Just a thought . . . is your printer in air-conditioned environment?
Maybe makes no difference. Just dont know.

Is your ink fresh ( maybe less than 3 years old)?

Brand new and doesn't expire until 2022. Do you know if just turning the printer on and off squeezes out a tiny amount of ink? I've heard this but I don't know if it is true or not.

Thanks.

No I live in Canada. lol It is heated to normal indoor temp and i keep the humidity around 40%.

All I know is that I'm using a lot of ink just to keep the nozzles from drying out... :(

Ask a Question