Why no color profiles for Epson NX415?

I have an Epson R280 and an Epson NX415 scanner/printer combo. When I print from Photoshop to the R280 it's very easy, I make sure that in the printer settings, under Color Management, ICM and "Off (no color adjustment)" are selected. According to some tutorials I've seen online, this is the way to ensure that the printer driver will not perform any further color conversion, and that the working profile will be the one selected under "Printer profile" in the Photoshop native dialog. In that list I have a few color profiles available for the R280, which I assume were installed in the system when I installed the driver for the R280.

The problem is that replacing all six cartridges on the R280 is over $80, while replacing all four on the NX415 is about half, so I use this one for almost everything. The big problem I have with it is that the drivers didn't install any color profiles, so I cannot find the right profile to print to it. So far I've tried using the R280 profiles and some work better than others, but none of them gives me the right colors that I see on the photo in Photoshop. One of them called "SPR280 290 Photo Qlty IJP" comes close, but it's not the same, I see that the hue is a little off, especially on yellowish areas.

So my question is, how do I get profiles that are meant for the NX415, for each type of paper? I don't want to keep wasting ink and paper doing print tests.

Thanks,

Sebastian

Ask a Question