Workforce WF-3640 won't print after nozzle clean with fluid

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

I recently inherited two WF-3640s (woo-hoo!), but one printed almost nothing, and the other printed without cyan.

Print head cleaning cycles on both did no good, so I purchased some print nozzle fluid.

I followed the instructions, and flushed the nozzles with the fluid, with the blue nozzle on the one needing extra attention. All nozzles were flushed through, as evidenced by the blotting paper I'd placed under the nozzles as part of the process.

Reinserting the ink cartridges into both machines (and swapping them over for good measure), the printers each go through the motions of printing, but no ink makes it to the paper, for either printer.

I have run nozzle align and clean cycles etc, but no joy. Is there something possibly wrong that replacement ink cartridges and cleaning fluid won't fix? Or am I missing something basic.

Either way, I have two beautiful printers that refuse to put ink down, despite the nozzles apparent;y not being blocked, and the ink cartridges containing ink.

Any help, very gratefully received.

I’m having this EXACT issue and I’m bummed nobody replied to your question. Did you ever get this figured out?

Exact same issue. I think there is some firmware or software problem. The printer head (which I've also replaced new) doesn't seem to be getting the instruction to let the ink down. Even with the printer standing alone it doesn't lay down the ink when printing a test page from the printer screen. It just pretends to print and produces blank pages.

Has anyone solved this particular problem ???

Ask a Question