Workforce WF- 7610 aligning misery -

Good day
My WF - 7610 suddenly became completely un-aligned: the prints were unreadable. I tried all the aligning systems available, but it was impossible to fix: in the aligning pages they gave you, you were supposed to choose the squares that didn't have any ligns; only, all the squares had stripes. And in that case, it said, you were supposed to choose the squares with the thinnest lines that you could find: only, all the squares had ligns of the exact same width.
And then, you're stuck... :(
I'll add a printscreen of the aligning page to show what I mean.

I called a technician, he had the printer in his workplace for a month and tried everything he could, but to no avail. He consideres the machine to be unredeamably broken, because he couldn't find the problem... he doubted that even a replacement of the printhead would be useful, since he couldn't say where this problem is situated exactly... if it's just software, it wouldn't be fixed anyway, even with a brand new printhead. So he didn't want me to go through the expense. :confused:
Right now, all that works fine now is the scanner; but I am very unhappy. It is JUST passed its warranty date: it's as if it's done on purpose!
I chose Epson because it was a Japanese brand. I expected it to work fine for a long time, I never thought it would break down after a mere two years...
What's even worse, the Epson site is unbelievably unapproacheble: everywhere you click on an invitation like "contact us", you get rerouted to the bloody FAQ or to something else that doesn' t help, or at the first page of the "Contact us" site... after being chased around for minutes to the same pages over and over, you give up. Epson clearly lets you muddle on by yourself, however many times they tell you they are ready to help you. It's extremely frustrating. :mad:

So now that I know that I am on my own with my misery, I'm trying to find help this way. Can anybody tell me what this problem can be caused by?
As I said, the machine is practically new and has never been mistreated.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Attachments

• uitlijnpatroon.jpg
    uitlijnpatroon.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 7

Ask a Question