Xerox Phaser 6180 android network printing

My first ever question to this forum is: Am I just "spinning my wheels" trying to get some means to allow android devices to print to our trusty old Xerox Phaser 6180 color laser network printer? If memory serves me, "once-upon-a time" there was a Xerox print app that DID allow me to print from my old Samsung tablet, but I suppose as the saying goes: "that was then, and this is now.." . So... today (after the umpteenth request), I've resolved to get some answers for us, hopefully from this forum.
So here's what I've attempted: the Xerox Print Services app, the Xerox Print Portal app, the Mopria app, and Printer-Share app (which was the only app that actually 'found' this printer on the network but which then only printed in B&W). So here I am seeking some answers to this (IMHO) minor issue.
IS there an app for android 5.1.1 and up which might allow color printing for all these new android devices that are now appearing in our office? Naturally, everyone wants to print in color (of course) and I'm sure this old Phaser 6180 is most probably "not supported" in many of the newer apps, but I'm hoping someone has a 'work-around' which might allow us to use our old workhorse color printers, since we have two of these old beasts. And, yes, since I'm the one who writes the checks, I'm not enamored with the concept of buying a new 'supported' color laser just so "summer interns" can print in color.. (I suppose my age is showing, here, right..? Whatever...)

OK - SO... "PrinterShare" app DOES seem to work in color (once I figured out to get it shared via the app)...
Timely...Hmm.. maybe not so much, it is NOT an immediate print, but then since it is delivered "over the web", what can you say..? But for now, the first of our six 'summer interns' is 'happy' (well... maybe for now..). So I guess we'll see how it goes, since I have NO DOUBT Noah will burn through these first 20 'freebie' pages in a heartbeat.
It all depends on if I see this as 'worth it'...
Just call me Scrooge McDuck...

Ask a Question