XP-645

Purchased XP - 645 this week. Can anyone help me with a problem that I am having with my email and password . On and off the phone to Epsom for two days as yet not come up with a solution. I am over 70 and find it difficult to set up these devices. I set it up using the cd in my PC. All went well with the set up and the printer is printing OK. I have set up my Epson account and Epson connect. Printer is registered. What I am unable to do is set up the email to printer. I have found the printer email address but although the document I want printing goes to the printer I get an email saying email invalid or option suspended. The problem is with my own email configuration. I set my own email address and created a password. It works when I go into my account and epson connect but as soon as I continue to go into connect to set up the email on my printer I can go no further. I have tried to change my email address and password but I still have the same problem. Yesterday epson closed my email account so that I could set up a new one. If they have closed it I surely would not be able to get into my account or connect. I can still do this which I can't understand. I am still unable to reset my email. I am waiting for a call from an Epson technician to try and solve this problem. Meanwhile I have been trying to get an answer . I have thought of going into my profile and changing my password and email address there?. Or another option would be to do a factory reset on my printer. Delete all epson files from my PC and start again with a different email address and password. I will be most grateful for any advice on this matter as it has become very stressful for me. Thanks in anticipation

Not sure what you are trying to do.
You dont need Epson Connect if you wish to print your emails.
Simply print from the email Web site i.e. (e-mail address removed) or (e-mail address removed).
Look for print button or link on that site and print directly to your printer.
Epson Connect is for remote printing i.e. away from home with your smart phone, Kindle, IPAD or I-Phone.
You would address your email with Epson Connect address for your printer.
When you are home and turn on your printer, that remote email will print out.
You may also give your friend that Epson Connect email address and they can also send emails to your printer.
Regards

I did not explain lt very well. My husband receives regular documents which are sent to my printer. To set up this facility you need to set your email address in epson connect. It's the same email that is used for the Epson account and Epson connect. Although I set this all up for some unknown reason it does not show up in epsons system. Every time I try to put my email in to do this it tells me unknown password or wrong email address. Epson are puzzled about this and are investigating the problem. I have decided not to wait. The printer is being returned tomorrow to the retailer and they are replacing it as they are certain that it is a software problem on printer. They have advised that I do not go for another Epson as my details will still be in there system and I could still have the same problem. My feelings are that this could be a problem they have seen before. Thanks for your advice. Regards from Sunny Suffolk UK

Ask a Question