XP-830 - Roller spreading ink

Hello,

I have an Epson XP-830 that's a couple of years old.

I noticed every once in a while there will be thick drops of black ink on my paper, that appear in a straight line. At first I thought it was some kind of head strike, because of how much ink it was that was "dripping."

However, I actually had the printer open while it was printing a CD and noticed that it's actually coming from one of the rollers. If I clean the roller, it's fine for a bit, but it eventually occurs again.

What do I need to clean or repair to prevent the ink from getting on the roller?

I have already checked the waste sponge, and it's really not even close to looking full. I've done several head cleaning cycles in the printer, and sometimes that solves the issue for a little while - but I'm not even sure if that's solving the issue by cleaning the head, or just the fact that the paper is grabbing the ink off the roller.

Does it make sense to take the head out of the printer and clean it manually? Or is there another potential issue that could cause ink on the roller?

Ask a Question