14 month old EPSON Sure Colour P-9000 just stopped working!!! £1200 fix?

Hi all,
We bought this SC P9000 last April 2016 to replace our old Epson 9900, our previous printer had run mainly without fault for nearly 10 years so we felt confident that buying another Epson was going down the right route...
However, earlier today our printer just turned off during a print!!!
I have checked the socket,.... fine. I checked the 10A plug fuse, fine... I have tried a different kettle lead,... no difference.
I called Epson Support Team, they want £1200 inc vat to fix it!! I then asked how much an extra year insurance cover for the machine would cost, 'I am sorry but I do not think we would be able to offer this as we have already taken your details on the matter'...
I am praying that there is someone on here who has experienced something similar and that there could be an internal fuse to check or something of that nature. There was no smell or funny noises, it just stopped and there is now what appears to be, no power, no lights, no error code, no reading,... nothing.
We have a number of LF printers and have always rated our Epson machines. I have heard before in the past from reading forums that Epson have not been very helpful to their customers,... somehow I didn't expect it to be me. I run a Digital Print room in a University and have an influence on hundreds of students every year. They look at our equipment as a guide to an industry,... I understand that we are a small percentage of their yearly sales, but surely any kind of bad exposure on social media etc. is not what they need.
I am now concerned that our head will dry up if the printer is not put right in short time. We feel like we are over a barrel, rather than shelling out the £1200 has anyone else had this experience with this specific machine?... has the printer an inherent problem that needs to be reported?
Any positive advice would be welcomed... I am not interested in other accounts of bad Epson customer support, I need an answer to this query, quickly.
All the best, Jim

You might try different wall outlet for power. Sometimes power plug fails to make contact inside wall outlet.
Try different power cord, if cord is removable style. If it is removable type power cord, be sure it is fully plugged into rear of printer. Push it firmly into rear of printer.

Could possibly be blown fuse inside printer. Cant help with that.

Another possibility might be severe electrical storm with lightning strikes.
Always protect your printer with a surge protector on power cord.

Thanks but I have have checked the lead and the plug socket. I was sitting next to the printer when it stopped, there was no surge as it is a twin socket and the other printer plugged in next to it remains fine and has stayed on all the while. There were no storms,...
I can't believe Epson have washed their hands with this when it is two months out of warranty, you think they would be embarrassed enough to put things right. So much for customer service...

Hi all,
We bought this SC P9000 last April 2016 to replace our old Epson 9900, our previous printer had run mainly without fault for nearly 10 years so we felt confident that buying another Epson was going down the right route...
However, earlier today our printer just turned off during a print!!!
I have checked the socket,.... fine. I checked the 10A plug fuse, fine... I have tried a different kettle lead,... no difference.
I called Epson Support Team, they want £1200 inc vat to fix it!! I then asked how much an extra year insurance cover for the machine would cost, 'I am sorry but I do not think we would be able to offer this as we have already taken your details on the matter'...
I am praying that there is someone on here who has experienced something similar and that there could be an internal fuse to check or something of that nature. There was no smell or funny noises, it just stopped and there is now what appears to be, no power, no lights, no error code, no reading,... nothing.
We have a number of LF printers and have always rated our Epson machines. I have heard before in the past from reading forums that Epson have not been very helpful to their customers,... somehow I didn't expect it to be me. I run a Digital Print room in a University and have an influence on hundreds of students every year. They look at our equipment as a guide to an industry,... I understand that we are a small percentage of their yearly sales, but surely any kind of bad exposure on social media etc. is not what they need.
I am now concerned that our head will dry up if the printer is not put right in short time. We feel like we are over a barrel, rather than shelling out the £1200 has anyone else had this experience with this specific machine?... has the printer an inherent problem that needs to be reported?
Any positive advice would be welcomed... I am not interested in other accounts of bad Epson customer support, I need an answer to this query, quickly.
All the best, Jim

Update - to anyone who happens to come across this and has the same problem!!!!

Well I took the board out and gave it to an Electrical Engineer to look over, he found the problem which he stated was a manufacturing fault!.... So how come the printer has worked for 14 months?... well a transistor was found to have not been soldered to the board properly, this connection had eventually failed, it was inevitable, and only a matter of time. 14 months is convenient enough to be just outside of the warranty. So a quoted bill from Epson Customer Services of £1200 was put straight for a bill of £28. Be warned.

I am totally disappointed by Epson, what a terrible way to treat loyal customers for the past 20 years. We are currently running 3 large format printers and have always rated their products and promoted them to our students. This episode has shaken our confidence in them and exposed their customer services as a shambles. In the future when these machines give up the ghost, we will definitely take a longer look at Epson's competitors equivalent machines before committing to another.

20170713_155411.jpg

Ask a Question