Brother Ads-2400n Wont Stop Beeping

I use this scanner for work, and when i scan a document it wont shut up. keeps on beeping every time i scan something. also It will start beeping randomly at times to cry for my attention or something. The "!" light is burning red. I gues indicating a "problem" that's not actually there, because the scans are just fine.

I think it's crying about the lens being dirty because that's when it started but i cleaned the lense and it's still whining.
I can't download any software to fix this since I have no rights and I dont want to bother IT with something this stupid.

How do I adust the volume to make it shut up forever? Is there some sort of button combination that i can press? I was looking for a volume knob somewhere like any product would have but could not find it.

This issue has been resolved.

For some reason the scaner wanted me to open it and hold the 3rd button for 5 seconds to reset the maintenace timer or something like that. Since then it has stopped beeping.

This issue has been resolved.

For some reason the scanner wanted me to open it and hold the 3rd button for 5 seconds to reset the maintenance timer or something like that. Since then it has stopped beeping.

Old thread but curious. Was that reset procedure in the manual or? I have the 2700W (needing a power adapter) and may need that someday.

It's frustrating when your Brother ADS-2400N won't stop beeping! To troubleshoot, try checking if there's a paper jam, ensuring the scanner lid is closed securely, and reviewing the device's settings for any alarms or notifications. If the issue persists, consult the user manual or contact Brother's customer support for further assistance. The incessant beeping can be quite disruptive, but with a little patience and troubleshooting, you'll hopefully resolve it soon!

Ask a Question