Brother Control Center in Win 10

Have had my Dell Win 10 desktop for over a year and my Brother MFC-J870DW all in one printer has been working fine with the Control Center software provided by Brother. On Aug 29, 2019 Microsoft pushed out a large Windows Update. After it completed I was no longer able to print. I was able to partially restore printing by updating the Port info in the Printers and Devices section. However, the control center software no longer runs which limits functionality of the printer/scan etc. I tried to reload the software but I get this error "File: <WINSYSDIR>\ The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.". I contacted Brother support and we downloaded the latest s/w and tried an install. No luck - same error. Brother claims it's a Windows problem. I contact Microsoft and their support recommended a Win10 reload. This took 4+ hours and after completing the Brother s/w install still failed with same error. Can anyone help with this ? Thanks.

Attachments

• 2019-08-30 07_54_57-Brother Printing Device Installation.jpg
    2019-08-30 07_54_57-Brother Printing Device Installation.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 171
Had same problem since same update with my Brother MFC790cw printer - all Apple devices will not find it or allow printing function.

Ask a Question