Brother HL-4040CN

Hello! Can someone please tell me what is wrong with this Brother HL-4040CN laser printer.

For the most part, until now, this printer has served it's purpose at our small office. The only thing that it has given us much trouble with up to this point was toner levels.. It would always say to replace toner, even though the cartridge was fine to continue printing many more pages. So, what I had done was to put tape over the sensors and could continue to print fine for usually 100's more print jobs. I found this solution online among others for resetting parts life when prompted but not needed.

Now, what is happening is that the printer is printing blotchy, somewhat faded and has noticeable vertical gray lines on the printed pages.. The problem is that I do not know what I need to do to correct it.

What would cause this?? The Belt? Or Drum? Or something else??

If someone could please advise me what I need to do I would greatly appreciate it. We cannot print invoices and such at this point.

Attached is a picture of a printed page for your enjoyment...
--- Ok nevermind I cannot attach picture because I do not have 25 posts. If you want to see the image of the printed page its at
imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/imag0166o.jpg/

Ask a Question