Brother MFCJ6930DW - Cannnot Detect

Discussion in 'Printer Discussion' started by BayAreaDub, Sep 16, 2020.

1. BayAreaDub

BayAreaDub

Hello All,

A year ago, I purchased a Brother MFCJ6930DW. I used it one time to test that it worked and put it back into storage. Of course, a year later (after the warranty has expired) I took it out of storage to use, but it has been giving me a headache.

When I insert the Brother Starter Ink, it repeatedly tells me to use genuine brother ink and shows “X” on the cartridges. I have tried with no success, using electrical tape and a black sharpie to block the clear ink window on the ink cartridges. I have bought after market ink cartridges and it tells me that it “cannot detect and to reinstall firmly”. I have also tried bypass methods I’ve seen on YouTube.

What could be the problem? I don’t want to spend $70 on new cartridges and end up its not the problem.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

BayAreaDub, Sep 16, 2020
    1. Advertisements

2. BayAreaDub

VA1DER

So when you first tested that it worked, did you then take the cartridges back out when you stored it?

VA1DER, Sep 17, 2020
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question