Canon MG5750 - black printing

Hi, my printer won't print (or copy) in black when Plain Paper is selected in the settings. It just prints the parts of the page that are colour, but not the black. It prints OK on plain paper if I select Glossy Photo Paper in the settings, but then I can't use duplex printing.

I've latest drivers and firmware. Have reinstalled drivers from scratch. Running on Windows 10.
Tried brand new full cartridges.
I've tried various documents, Word and PDF and the print test function - all of them have the problem.
I've done the Nozzle Check Pattern and it looks fine on black and colours, so there appears to be no clogging.
I've run all the maintenance programs such as deep cleaning and print head alignment.

Any ideas?

Further to my post above I have just tried the Canon printer with a Chromebook and had no problems printing.

Can anyone please suggest a solution so that I can once again print from my MacBook Air to my Canon Pixma MG 5750?

Many thanks.

Ron

Just installed an update from Apple and the printer works again with my MacBook Air, as well as the Chromebook previously mentioned.

Hi I am not an expert in printers but I think it's always better to try new cartridges that are suggested by the manufacturer and that they are really original, not fake. Thank you, I hope this helps.

Also and maybe we got slightly the same problem.
Everything is fine with my printer Pixma Ts3440 as long as new cartridges are printing, but when I refill them manually, the black color is not printed but the grays are printed. I still seek to find out why.

Now compare the printed vs the original file

Attachments

• black missing.jpeg
    black missing.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 6
  • bw_lin_test_s.jpg
    bw_lin_test_s.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 6
I agree that originals are marginally better, but for the the printing I do I am happy to accept that slight difference for the money I save.

Ask a Question