EPSON WF-2830 has error code 950141 and will not print at all.

I stopped the ink subscription service to Epson because I never got any ink. I wrote letter to cancel my subscription for ink to their office in Hemel Hempstead because it was imposable to speak to anyone on their phone numbers even one charging £6 a minute, nor talk/write to their robot about no ink deliveries nor could I send them an email!
What is error code 950141?
I have now bought ink from elsewhere which did work. Now nothing at all will print. Many thanks.

Just to add - my further research of the code 950141 shows it means that ''printer is deregistered from ReadyPrint'' - this was the service I subscribed to after having a lot of messages from Epson to get it - that I cancelled my subscription standing order to and wrote letter to the head office in Hemel Hempstead to inform them I was cancelling because I had never received any ink for about 6 months.
Now because of that they somehow can control my printer to stop it from printing as the subscription standing order would have been paid during the last few days! So, if one does not pay by standing order for their ink (in my case I never got any ink in about 6 months while they had money going to them by standing order) one cannot print at all it seems!!

Another add about this matter!
Cannot believe I have not been allowed to join group on Facebook called - Epsom Printers and Support - the reason given -
'' automatically declined based on criteria admins added''!

Managed to communicate with Epson via their Chat called EVA. They insisted I did have ink delivered. However, I pointed out I would not have bought ink if it was being delivered. Also I asked if they or their courier tracked their deliveries and was told they did not! I never got any emails saying ''your ink is on its way'' like with Amazon, QVC etc . So now my printer will not work because I stopped subscribing to delivery of ink which I never got in about 6 months! They blocked my printer from working but they cannot prove ink was delivered because no tracking! I don't know how that is even legal. I noticed from another post there is a class action against them. It is like North Korea and scary. How is it they can control my printer? I looked up their share price and it has been going down for some time. Not surprised!

Only commenting on your thread as you seem to have answered your own question.

Does anyone know how to get admin to approve or (hopefully not) reject my post from 21 October?
Also no response to message to @admin

I know only admin will be able to access this link

Managed to communicate with Epson via their Chat called EVA. They insisted I did have ink delivered. However, I pointed out I would not have bought ink if it was being delivered. Also I asked if they or their courier tracked their deliveries and was told they did not! I never got any emails saying ''your ink is on its way'' like with Amazon, QVC etc . So now my printer will not work because I stopped subscribing to delivery of ink which I never got in about 6 months! They blocked my printer from working but they cannot prove ink was delivered because no tracking! I don't know how that is even legal. I noticed from another post there is a class action against them. It is like North Korea and scary. How is it they can control my printer? I looked up their share price and it has been going down for some time. Not surprised!
if you again ace this type of issue then feel free to contact us.

I stopped the ink subscription service to Epson because I never got any ink. I wrote letter to cancel my subscription for ink to their office in Hemel Hempstead because it was imposable to speak to anyone on their phone numbers even one charging £6 a minute, nor talk/write to their robot about no ink deliveries nor could I send them an email!
What is error code 950141?
I have now bought ink from elsewhere which did work. Now nothing at all will print. Many thanks.

When I bought this printer I didnt sign up for the ink straight away, now I have cancelled my subscription because I had a stock pile my printer wont work any more - this is ridiculous - did anyone fix this

It's just that you can only use the subscription ink cartridges (in my case marked with a '+' suffix) with an internet connection and a valid subscription. Just buy a set of normal (no suffix) or high capacity (XL suffix) ink cartridges and you are no longer tied to subscription.
Andrew
P.S. I'm still subscribed as the lowest (£1.29 / 30 pages a month) plan works for me for a total of £15.48 a year which is less than my first (pre subscription) set of cartridges.

It's just that you can only use the subscription ink cartridges (in my case marked with a '+' suffix) with an internet connection and a valid subscription. Just buy a set of normal (no suffix) or high capacity (XL suffix) ink cartridges and you are no longer tied to subscription.
Andrew
P.S. I'm still subscribed as the lowest (£1.29 / 30 pages a month) plan works for me for a total of £15.48 a year which is less than my first (pre subscription) set of cartridges.
Merci pour votre aide, cela faisait plusieurs jours que je galère depuis que j'ai annulé le service abonnement Epson.

hello, how to meter another cartridge on an epson and 4850u when it's tanks to fill how to meter something other than epson ink so that I can print because my subscription ready print is deleted

I have the same error code 950141 and cannot use my printer. I cancelled my ReadyPrint subscription for, I think, very good reasons, but can now no longer print anything. Has anyone found a solution to this issue before I call my lawyer - my wife!

mez

Same problem. Finally cancelled ReadyPrint because I ran out of ink. Their service just didn't work reliably. The way it should work is they ship you new ink just before you run out..? (not rocket science is it). #Fail.

Anyway I bought my own ink as I know the subscription ink won't work anymore but the printer is complaining of a "ReadyPrint account problem" on the screen, and refuses to print.

Epson's web site support chat does not work. So I am stuck. Any advice?

I spent hours trying to reload printer drivers, to no avail. I then tried chatting with a 'bot' called Eva, who then, in the end, actually passed me to a human! He was called Pierce, and was very polite and professional. However, the system stinks. He advised me that all the ink cartridges supplied via the ReadyPrint scheme are able to be 'locked', so that when your subscription is cancelled, the lock is applied to all those cartridges. It means that those in my printer, and the new ones waiting to be used, even though I feel I have paid for through my subscription, are not able to be used.

He assured me that any cartridges I buy outwith the ReadyPrint scheme will work in my printer, because they don't have the lock on them. I wonder........ From what I read on this forum, I'm beginning to doubt it. What a shocking service!

mez

This gets better and better. So I finally got through to an agent on the web chat - Jay in Barcelona. He informed me he would not unblock my printer to get rid of the ReadyPrint account error message until I sent him a photo of my printer’s newly installed (non-ReadyPrint) cartridges. You read that right - 1) Epson remotely and fully disabled my printer (I am sure this is theft in law) and 2) Epson refused to unbrick the printer until I provided them with a photo of MY ink in MY printer inside MY home. I refused (I was not at home at the time) but would have refused anyway as they don’t have the right to make such demands.

I tried to turn it around and demanded Jay send me a photo of his keyboard. Jay declined. I think he understood. I got the impression he was uncomfortable with the whole situation and Epson’s illegal stance.

We were at an impasse. So I used the “free printing for 6 months” ReadyPrint code currently doing the rounds (BTS6) to sign up to their despicable service once again on their web site. My kids needed to print homework and new timetables urgently. I will do battle again with lousy Epson in 6 months time, if they are still in business. I hope this helps someone.

I feel pretty sure that, as individuals, we are really up against it with this lot. However, I see so many similar posts from disgruntled customers that there must be a way, surely, of grouping together to present a united front against the serious injustice being played out.
Does anyone know how we achieve this?

Ask a Question