HELP! My printer smells

Ok, so i just got this new printer from my brother in law, who said he `d never used it. I t looked quite new, and he even gave me a bunch of coloured ink thingies with it, and it all seemed fine. It hadn`t been used, at least in a while, if not ever.
The problem was that when i opened it, it started reeking real bad :(, like rotten food that had been there for months.
There shoudnt be anything in it, like i said i dont think he ever used it, even the cables were intact, folded and bonded together with those little metal thingies we use to close trash bags (how do u call that anyway :confused: ?).
Well, i looked inside and there was something greasy on one of the pipes, but i touched it and the smell isn`t coming from there.
The ink thingies smell also, but the main smell definetly isnt coming from there.

My question is: what do i do with it? i just found this out so im leaving it open, but i`m affraid it just wont work, unless i remove and clean whatever smells so bad from in there. Should i just crank it open? Will i be able to put it back together again? Has anyone ever heard of bad smelling printer ink or lubricant? HELP!

Lol, I cant say I've ever heard of a printer smelling bad. Have you just opened up the top of the printer? It may even be possible there may be a dead critter or something in there. I've seen many cases of snakes, mouse, etc being stuck in printers before. They seem to be attracted to the warmth of them. Was it plugged in?

First time I ear about smelly printer. Maybe a bug in the printer.. and maybe with the heat on usage the smell propagates. Toner or electrical would not smell rotten.

Ask a Question