How to print on pre-made flyers?

Hello. I had a bunch of 11x17 band flyers printed at Staples. The bottom third of the flyers are blank. In this blank area I hand write the pertinent information regarding our upcoming shows (date, time, venue etc.). Instead of hand writing I would like to purchase an 11x17 printer and somehow be able to print all that information in that blank area.

So a couple of questions.... Is there any special software I would need in order to print in that blank, bottom third area of my flyer? Would I need a scanner in order to do this? Or is there a program I can use to setup my print area within the flyer?

How reliable are these printers with feeding through individual sheets? It seems like any time I print labels or envelopes on my Brother desktop printer, I have such a hard time accurately printing ON the actual label. The manual feed is very difficult to work with and often ruins sheets of labels because it prints off-center.

TIA

Ask a Question