HP OfficeJet 4650 won't print borderless on A4 photo paper

Hi,

I've asked this question on the HP forum and got no help, so thought I'd try here. I was recently given a new printer (it was unopened, but was purchased quite a while ago, so no warranty), and have been unable to use the borderless setting for A4 paper. I've looked up the product details, and A4 falls within the size it apparently supports borderless for, but it just won't do it. When using the 'borderless photo' shortcut, the size options are limited and don't include A4 as so:
borderless printing.png

When I use advanced options to set 'A4' for size, and borderless 'on', when I press okay a dialog comes up stating these two settings conflict.

conflict dialog.PNG

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

I've since tried printing from my phone, and was perfectly able to print A4 borderless (though the quality wasn't so good, likely due to a combination of printing from a phone, and low ink levels). But yeah, the printer itself seems like it can definitely print borderless on A4, but the PC driver won't let me.

Through a lot of messing around I did eventually manage to solve the issue myself. For anyone else that may have this problem, I uninstalled all HP software, removed the device from 'devices and printers', and removed the drivers through 'print server properties (accessible thorough 'devices and printers'). Because the last part failed at deleting one file, I reinstalled the printer driver, and uninstalled the device (along with deleting drivers) through 'device manager', before doing everyhting else again. When I reinstalled the printer through HP's software, it now allows me to print borderless on A4.

I can only presume the issue is preinstalled drivers within Windows 10, but I don't know enough about computers to be certain.

Ask a Question