Konica Minolta 2500W OPC fuse Blowing??

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the forum.

I have a Konica Minolta 2500W that seems to have a problem with the OPC drum fuse blowing and I don't have any idea why?

The drum showed that it had expired and so I replaced the fuse with a compatible F80mA 250V fuse and the drum was reset and has worked fine for a couple of months. :)

I recently started to notice that lines were appearing on my print copies and checked the fuse. The fuse had blown. So I replaced it again but It then blew again. :(

Thinking that the drum must be completely shot (even though I managed to get a print total of only 10,000 odd) I purchased a brand new one and replaced it. To my horror the print quality was just the same and when I checked the new fuse in the new drum it had also blown? :eek:

I have had no error messages and I can print out but the quality is really bad. I am assuming that this is due to the drum no functioning correctly? :confused:

The printer has usually been fine up until this point and the quality has been really good.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be really greatful because the toners are 75-100% full still and I have just paid out on a brand new drum.

Warren

pcs

Konica Minolta 2500W OPC fuse Blowing

The fuse is for resetting the page count on the drum it is designed to blow.
As for the quality issue:
Are you using OEM toner or re-manufactured / after market toner?
Some of these toners work and some do not.

If you are using OEM toner then check the transfer belt to see if there is any damage.
Make sure that the envelope switches are in the right place.

Ask a Question