[MFC-L3770CDW]: Wrong page size when scanning to PDF

Hi everybody,

I recently realized a problem on our MFC-L3770CDW (firmware info below).
I scan to PDF and set the output page size to A4 / Letter / Legal.
The resulting PDFs all have a wrong page size and the content is cropped top, bottom, left and right.

For the comparison table below, I scanned 2 different documents, single side, single-page PDF, 300dpi, color.
Notice, that the resulting PDF files all have an incorrect page size set (and obviously also some parts missing).

For A4, there's the additional quirk that different documents produce different page sizes. I suspect that thepage size setting is ignored and "auto" is used instead.

selected page sizereal page size document 1real page size document 2
A4 (210 × 297 mm)579.6 x 824.4 pts
204.47 x 290.83 mm
579.6 x 822.96 pts
204.47 x 290.322 mm
Letter (8.5 x 11 inches)594.72 x 774.72 pts
8.26 x 10.76 inch
identical to document 1
Legal (8.5 x 14 inches)594.72 x 822.96 pts
8.26 x 11.43 inch
identical to document 1

To be 100% sure, I verified the PDF page size using pdfinfo on linux and acrobat reader on windows.
This happens with all output formats (PDF, PDF/A, XPS...).

I reset the printer to factory defaults, but no change. I suspect a bug in the firmware.
Anyone experience the same or better yet, has a solution?

Firmware
MAIN ZD2307031905
SUB1 1.60
SUB5 1.00

Hey! Check your scanning software settings and paper tray guides. Also, consider a firmware update.
Good idea, but no scanning software is involved, all settings are done on the printer. It creates a PDF and saves it via FTP.
Printer is using the latest available firmware.
All trays are set to A4.

If all settings are correct and the issue persists, try a factory reset on your printer. Back up configurations first. If the problem continues, reach out to customer support. Also, check for any specific PDF-related settings on your printer. Hope this helps!

If all settings are correct and the issue persists, try a factory reset on your printer.
Already did, wrote it in my first post: "I reset the printer to factory defaults, but no change."

The goal of this post is to find out if other users of the printer are having the same issue.

Ask a Question