Only one computer sees my new ET-2760 on my network

I recently bought a new ET-2760. I had no problem setting it up and having it connect to my network through my Wi-Fi router. I have two computers on my Wi-Fi. The first one was the one I had no issues with downloading all of the software and finding the new printer on my network. It is printing fine to it. The second computer does not seem to see the printer on the network. Both computers are using Windows 10. In the control panel on the one that is working I see two printers listed. One says ET-2750 Series (Network) and the other says EPSONE20095 (ET-2750 Series) and underneath it says offline. On the computer that is not working in the control panel I see one that says EPSON ET-2760 Series and underneath it is says Not connected. I also see EPSONE20095 (ET-2760 Series) and underneath it says Offline. I can use a printer USB cable with the second computer and print to the printer. The computers are both laptops so it is no big deal to walk over to the printer and just plug it in, but it would be nice to be lazy and print wirelessly using both computers. What am I missing? Why are there multiple printers listed in the control panel? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

First of all, you see multiple printers on the control panel because the printer has multiple ways to communicate with it. There are wireless "plug and play" protocols that the printer is announcing itself on, and also the more conventional network printer method. It's annoying, but I suggest leaving them both on. Sometimes various Epson utilities look for one or the other type of communication with the printer.

I am wondering if you have your network set to public on on the second computer. On the non-working computer, click on the Wi-Fi icon in your task tray, and on the network you are connected to click properties. There it will tell you that you can have the network set to public or private. If it is set to public, then your computer is blocked from communicating with other computers on the local network. For example, if you were connected to a coffee shop wi-fi, you don't want other computers on that local network to see yours. In this case, it may be interfering with the computer's ability to communicate back and forth with the printer.

Ask a Question